Selection of ethernet peripheral by application

Kinsey Moore kinsey.moore at oarcorp.com
Wed Jun 2 18:37:19 UTC 2021

Hello,
>From what I've seen of the various BSPs supported by LibBSD that have multiple ethernet peripherals,
only one tends to be chosen and supported. I've encountered a situation where the majority of platform
examples (Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC dev boards) use CGEM3 as the only/primary ethernet interface and I
need to have the option of selecting a different peripheral as the primary interface.

Unfortunately, the current configuration of LibBSD/RTEMS does not allow for easy switching among the
available interfaces. The easy one-off option is to just create a BSP variant with a little bit of extra logic
to select the correct interface in LibBSD, but this problem seems more generally applicable than just
ethernet and just this one BSP. Is the best alternative to configure all available devices in
nexus-devices.h and let LibBSD figure it out?

Thanks,
Kinsey