Running SPARC/LEON3 in TSIM-LEON3 simulator

Đức Anh dauto98 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:37:55 UTC 2021

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you. I didn't notice that.

I recompile with SMP enabled, and the application doesn't run successfully
in the TSIM-LEON3 simulator. Below is the error message:

Initializing and starting from 0x40000000

>   CPU 0 in error mode (tt=0x80, trap instruction)
>   (In trap table for tt=0x02, illegal instruction)
>       70150  40000020  91d02000   ta        0                        start
> + 0x20

The thing is, the same code will work if I compile with SMP disabled. When
the SMP is enabled, the simulator will crash like above, even with the
simple hello world application.

Have anyone here run into a similar issue? Or do you know any other leon3
(or sparc) simulator that I can try?

Best regards,
Duc Anh

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 at 18:46, Sebastian Huber <