Can't build minimal buildset for libbsd on IMXRT

Christian Mauderer oss at c-mauderer.de
Fri Jun 11 13:52:37 UTC 2021

Hello Peter,

On 11/06/2021 15:47, dufault at hda.com wrote:

>> On Jun 11, 2021, at 09:36 , <dufault at hda.com> <dufault at hda.com> wrote:
>>
>> I *do* have a previously installed libbsd in my prefix. I don't understand the workflow properly.
>>
>> I figured that if I did "./waf distclean" in rtems-libbsd between switching build sets the build woiuld bootstrap properly but evidently not.
>>
>> Do you need to use multiple prefixes to support multiple build sets?  I wanted to try the minimal one first before installing.
>>

> I removed the installed "imxrt1052" BSP and then it worked.

I think that is a bug in our current build system. For some reason it
can happen that an installed header takes precedence over the ones in
the sources. I haven't seen that problem often and I didn't really
investigate it enough. Therefore there is still no bug report regarding
that.

Best regards

Christian