Running SPARC/LEON3 in TSIM-LEON3 simulator

jiri at gaisler.se jiri at gaisler.se
Mon Jun 14 22:13:43 UTC 2021

Try the perf command. It will give you the load and performance per core. Sis is fairly accurate for basic benchmarking ...------ Ursprungligt meddelande------Från: Đức AnhDatum: mån 14 juni 2021 10:54Till: Jiri Gaisler;Kopia: rtems-devel at rtems.org;Ämne:Re: Running SPARC/LEON3 in TSIM-LEON3 simulatorHi Jiri,Thanks for the suggestion. It works. However, it looks like it just simulates the instruction. I am looking for a cycle-accurate simulator and can provide the performance information on each core. Do you know any?Best,Duc AnhOn Fri, 11 Jun 2021 at 22:10, Jiri Gaisler <jiri at gaisler.se> wrote:

    On 6/11/21 12:37 PM, Đức Anh wrote:

      Hi Sebastian,

        Thank you. I didn't notice that.

        I recompile with SMP enabled, and the application doesn't
          run successfully in the TSIM-LEON3 simulator. Below is the
          error message:

        Initializing
          and
 starting from 0x40000000

            CPU 0 in error mode (tt=0x80, trap instruction)
            (In trap table for tt=0x02, illegal instruction)
                70150  40000020  91d02000   ta        0
                 start + 0x20

        The thing is, the same code will work if I compile with SMP
          disabled. When the SMP is enabled, the simulator will crash
          like above, even with the simple hello world application.

        Have anyone here run into a similar issue? Or do you know
          any other leon3 (or sparc) simulator that I can try?

    You can try with sis:
    sparc-rtem6-sis -leon3 -m 4 hello.exe
    Should work without problems. For SMP, you need the '-m 4' switch
      to enable 4 cores ...
    Jiri.

        Best regards,
        Duc Anh

        On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 at 18:46,
          Sebastian Huber
 <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>
          wrote:

        On
          09/06/2021 18:39, Đức Anh wrote:
          > - Is there a way to enable SMP for SPARC/LEON3 in RTEMS
          6?

          Just set "RTEMS_SMP = True" in your config.ini:

          https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/bld/index.html#migration-from-autoconf-automake

          --
          embedded brains GmbH
          Herr Sebastian HUBER
          email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
          phone: +49-89-18 94 741 - 16
          fax:   +49-89-18 94 741 - 08

          Registergericht: Amtsgericht München
          Registernummer: HRB 157899
          Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer: Peter Rasmussen,
          Thomas Dörfler