GSOC POSIX Compliance: Stuck trying to build Newlib

Vaibhav Gupta vaibhavgupta40 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 02:35:25 UTC 2021

Hello Matthew,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 12:58 AM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> @RTEMS_TOOLS_BIN@ should have been replaced with the real directory where your RTEMS tools are located. Something like this:

Exactly. I was wondering the same when I saw his output of 'echo $PATH'.
Matthew, the newlib and autoconf relationship is a bit messy. But you
can simplify it if you use $PATH carefully.
Have a look at this
https://medium.com/my-gsoc-2019-journey/how-to-handle-two-versions-of-autoconf-b1e28de8617b,
the path should expand and should point to the correct binaries.

The blog should give you an idea of how the $PATH works and how it
should be modified.

-- Vaibhav Gupta