GSOC POSIX Compliance: Stuck trying to build Newlib

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Jun 16 16:42:59 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 11:37 AM Matthew Joyce <mfjoyce2004 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I hate to ask, but where should the build binaries be if "make all"
> was actually successful?

For newlib, there should be various libc.a and libm.a files in the build
directory.

Use find to locate them: find . -name libc.a

And use "nm" to find out if the symbol is there.

sparc-rtems6-nm .../libc.a

You can save that output or pipe it to less.

Note: paths need to be adjusted to the files.

--joel