GSOC: Adding all generated changes in patch to RSB?

Matthew Joyce mfjoyce2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 16:55:17 UTC 2021

Dr. Joel,

Thanks! This made me re-read your discord workflow advice from last
week, and it brings me to another question...You wrote:

"You don't have to rebuild the entire toolsuite at this point. Just
add a functional test for sig2str.c to the testsuite (e.g. psxsigNN or
similar based on existing names). You have your implementation in your
local newlib patches."

I did add the test, but I don't quite understand "you have your
implementation in your local newlib patches." Do you mean the
sig2str.c patch plus generated files? Where exactly is it supposed to
be? Am I following the instructions Vaibhav lays out minus the toolset
rebuilding? (patch in rtems/rsb/patches, calculate sha512, edit .cfg
used by .bset file?)

Once it's set, If I'm not rebuilding the toolset, I'd guess I go
straight to steps 2.5, 2.6 in the quick-start guide?

Thank you again for your help!

Sincerely,

Matt