Status for open projects for gsoc

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Mar 2 19:37:32 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 12:47 PM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 11:25 AM Dev Agrawal <dev9893186747 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> > I am interested in contributing to a few topics but I don't know what is
> the current status and future enhancements you are looking for so if you
> can guide me it would be a big help.
> >
> > 1. #3333  Automate Conversion of Newlib Markup to Sphinx : To begin with
> the sphinx-quickstart process, doI have to make a build directory under the
> source directory which I made during the hello world task or normal root
> directory?
> >
> This is done in a different repo: https://git.rtems.org/rtems-docs/
> @Joel Sherrill Do you know what is status on this project?

The script to do the conversion was finished by the student. I experimented
with including the generated output in our POSIX guide. But we never figured
out how to incorporate running it as part of rtems-docs in maintainer mode.
We have
a process issue there and defining when the output is regenerated.

> > 2. #3850 Modular Network Stacks :
> >
> This project is currently being worked on by a developer. @Vijay Kumar
> Banerjee do you think there is anything that a student might be able
> to contribute toward this effort under a GSoC Project?

+1