Announcement: Legacy libnetworking will be removed from RTEMS and will be placed in a separate repository

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Mar 4 13:52:49 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 6:39 AM junkes <junkes at fhi-berlin.mpg.de> wrote:

> Hallo Vijay,
>
> the next question ;-) I am trying to build EPICS.
>
> with the external legacy stack there are some files missing:
>
> rtems/rtems_bsdnet.h
> librtemsNfs.h
> rtems/telnetd.h
>
> with RTEMS5 (with networking) one can find e.g. rtems_bsdnet.h here:
>
> ./kernel/cpukit/libnetworking/rtems/rtems_bsdnet.h
> ./rtems/5/powerpc-rtems5/beatnik/lib/include/rtems/rtems_bsdnet.h

Did you install the legacy package? If you installed it in the same place
as the RTEMS 5 BSP, I would expect it to be there. This SHOULD be
equivalent to prior split.

But I suppose this now means you could have the BSP, legacy stack
and libbsd installed in different places and setup include and library
paths to let the application build system decide which stack to us.

---joel