Announcement: Legacy libnetworking will be removed from RTEMS and will be placed in a separate repository

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijay at rtems.org
Thu Mar 4 15:33:00 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 7:26 AM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 8:22 AM Heinz Junkes <junkes at fhi-berlin.mpg.de> wrote:
>>
>> I have installed the legacy package but the files are not there.
>> I guess they were just forgotten in the legacy package.
>

> I'd guess Vijay forgot to install them. Certainly easy enough to do.

they're getting installed in the lib/ directory in the prefix:
beatnik/lib/include/rtems/telnetd.h
beatnik/lib/librtemsNfs.h
beatnik/lib/rtems/rtems_bsdnet.h

For rtems_bsdnet.h and librtemsNfs.h, the right place for install was
supposed to be lib/include I guess (?) that might be the reason that
it's not being found from your application as it's searching for it in
the include directory. I'll push a fix to install it in the include
directory, but in the current state, these files do get installed in
the prefix location somewhere. Could you please try the ./waf install
again and see if these files are getting installed somewhere in the
prefix?

Best regards,
Vijay