Directories Included in Coverage Reports

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Mar 18 22:14:09 UTC 2021

Hi

Alex has been working hard on getting covoar into shapt and generating
reports as he goes. Eventually, this work will all be merged and I will
work to generate these reports on an automated basis. But we need to have
some discussions on what is and is not covered. Copying over part of an
email from Gedare from users@

> Asking stupidly, are there tests now? We didn't catch that libtrace was
missing in the new coverage reports:

> https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/joel/coverage/coverage-2021-02-28/
>
> I can add it to the queue that libtrace is added. If more subsystems
> are missing that we want to track coverage on, please point them out.

In cpukit the following are not covered. I have no strong opinion, but
unless there is justification NOT to report on it, we should? Several
of these don't have any tests, so then the question is whether they
should have tests/examples written that use them.

libdebugger
libdl
libdrvmgr
libfs
libgnat
libi2c
libmisc/capture
libmisc/fb
libmisc/monitor
libmisc/mouse
libmisc/redirector
libmisc/rtems-fdt
libmisc/serdbg
libmisc/shell
libmisc/utf8proc
libmisc/uuid
libmisc/xz
libpci
librtemscxx
libtest
libtrace
mghttpd
telnetd
zlib

It may be good just to know that our testsuite covers 0% of some of
these directories, so that users can know... use at your own peril :o

--joel