#4328: New APIs added to POSIX Standard (2021)

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Mar 19 11:40:55 UTC 2021

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021, 5:48 AM Matthew Joyce <mfjoyce2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1reCNOIZC5JTwQENgl-hvG8THfQqNtlUDVy_07PYodic/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Hello,
>
> As suggested by Dr. Sherril, I've taken an initial look through this
> document https://www.opengroup.org/austin/docs/austin_1110.pdf and
> added the new methods  to a Googe Sheet, linked above.
>
> None of them appear to be in the RTEMS POSIX API Users Guide, but
> maybe that's not the right place to look. I'll stand by for your
> feedback regarding what's possible / desirable to add to RTEMS.

It is possible they are in our C Library or Math Library.  Or just not in
the manual. The POSIX manual tends to be sparse since you can always use
man pages or the POSIX standard.

Since you have RTEMS and tools built. Find one of the libc.a and libm.a
files in the tools install and librtemscpu.a in the RTEMS build or install.
Then try a command something like this:

CPU-rtems6-nm LIBRARY | grep SYMBOL

If you see it list with T then it is in the text section and there.