#4328: New APIs added to POSIX Standard (2021)

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Mar 19 12:13:01 UTC 2021

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021, 6:40 AM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2021, 5:48 AM Matthew Joyce <mfjoyce2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1reCNOIZC5JTwQENgl-hvG8THfQqNtlUDVy_07PYodic/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> As suggested by Dr. Sherril, I've taken an initial look through this
>> document https://www.opengroup.org/austin/docs/austin_1110.pdf and
>> added the new methods  to a Googe Sheet, linked above.
>>
>> None of them appear to be in the RTEMS POSIX API Users Guide, but
>> maybe that's not the right place to look. I'll stand by for your
>> feedback regarding what's possible / desirable to add to RTEMS.
>>

> It is possible they are in our C Library or Math Library.  Or just not in
> the manual. The POSIX manual tends to be sparse since you can always use
> man pages or the POSIX standard.
>
> Since you have RTEMS and tools built. Find one of the libc.a and libm.a
> files in the tools install and librtemscpu.a in the RTEMS build or install.
> Then try a command something like this:
>
> CPU-rtems6-nm LIBRARY | grep SYMBOL
>
> If you see it list with T then it is in the text section and there.

Following up, I initially answered from my phone and didn't look at
source.  I am still on my phone but looked through the list and think the
last four methods are probably the only ones currently supported.

https://sourceware.org/git/?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=tree;f=newlib/libc/string;h=ceeec602cdd0e6b5c6b002b741bda9b41da4e441;hb=HEAD

POSIX support comes from a mix of RTEMS and newlib. That's key to this type
of project.

--joel