GSoC Project : Package Micro-python

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Mar 22 16:30:29 UTC 2021

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 12:33 PM Eshan Dhawan <eshandhawan51 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> I wanted to take Packaging Micro Python up as GSOC project this summer and the project will also include packaging LUA and picoC
> The ticket for Micro Python  : https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4349
> What would be the complete Scope of the project?
> And what would be a good starting point?

Well, I guess Joel must have described the task, so I'll leave it to
him to fill in some more details.

Adding RSB packages may be not sufficient coding work for GSoC. It is
important in the proposal to identify what would be the coding
activities involved in this project. For example, we know from
experience that Lua can just be built from some minor tailoring of its
Makefile, so the package is very straightforward. However, the
projects you mention are scripting environments, so maybe creating a
framework in RTEMS for a "shell/intepreter" that can be built as an
add-on by RSB would be a proper way to scope this effort.