Use GCC 11 for RTEMS 6?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon May 3 06:19:44 UTC 2021

On 03/05/2021 07:25, Chris Johns wrote:

> On 3/5/21 3:08 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> GCC 11 was released recently:
>>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-11/changes.html
>>
>> Should we switch to this version for RTEMS 6 in the RSB?
>>
> Do we have build reports on our supported host platforms?
The GCC 11 based tools are available trough the RTEMS 7 tool chain.

> I would like to clear confirmation we can build the tools and there are no
> regressions on tier 1 BSPs and archs.
How can we get this confirmation? My current approach is to update the
RSB locally and then build the tools on a Linux machine. If this works,
I update the RSB. It would be better to use a CI system for this and run
checks on all relevant platforms before a change is integrated.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de