grub2 on old Linux Distributions (at least CentOS 7)

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sat Nov 20 23:05:55 UTC 2021

Hi

Looking over the build sweep failures, I spotted this one
(https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/build/2021-November/030118.html)
which would lean to their being a floor on older distributions. There
is a software collection for a gcc8 for CentOS 7 but do we want to
require it? This is for x86_64 tools:

In file included from grub-core/disk/lvm.c:28:0:
./include/grub/safemath.h:34:2: error: #error gcc 5.1 or newer or
clang 3.8 or newer is required

#error gcc 5.1 or newer or clang 3.8 or newer is required,

Just looking for thought on what the best thing to do is.

--joel