waf bsp_defaults appears to be broken

Christian MAUDERER christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Mon Oct 4 07:32:41 UTC 2021

Hello Joel,

Am 03.10.21 um 18:06 schrieb Joel Sherrill:
> Hi
>
> No BSP was successfully built in the build sweep Friday. All have
> failures like this:
>
> $ ./waf bsp_defaults --rtems-bsps=powerpc/psim

I just tested this command and everything seems to work fine. I get a
default config for the BSP.

> There is no top-level group with UID '/grp' in the specification

Maybe something cache related? The whole build specification files are
parsed and put into a cache as a first step. If that doesn't work
correctly, it might lead to odd results.

> The script fetches the BSP's defaults and then changes settings for
> enable tests, etc.

Do you use a fresh checkout or an update from a previous one?

Best regards

Christian

> Anyone else see this?
>
> --joel