waf bsp_defaults appears to be broken

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Oct 4 13:51:14 UTC 2021

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 2:32 AM Christian MAUDERER
<christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Hello Joel,
>
> Am 03.10.21 um 18:06 schrieb Joel Sherrill:
> > Hi
> >
> > No BSP was successfully built in the build sweep Friday. All have
> > failures like this:
> >
> > $ ./waf bsp_defaults --rtems-bsps=powerpc/psim
>
> I just tested this command and everything seems to work fine. I get a
> default config for the BSP.
>
> > There is no top-level group with UID '/grp' in the specification
> >

> Maybe something cache related? The whole build specification files are
> parsed and put into a cache as a first step. If that doesn't work
> correctly, it might lead to odd results.

This must be it. I suppose I should delete the build/ subdirectory as part
of setting up for a sweep.

> > The script fetches the BSP's defaults and then changes settings for
> > enable tests, etc.
>
> Do you use a fresh checkout or an update from a previous one?

It's an update to minimize what needs to be done. If the RSB changed, tools
and RTEMS are built. If only RTEMS changed, only RTEMS BSPs are built.
If nothing changed (rare in a week), then nothing is done.

I ended up recloning rtems this time and it seems ok now.

Thanks.

--joel