How to automate finding comments in copyright/license block

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Aug 10 13:38:41 UTC 2022

Hi

I've spotted a few cases like this over the past couple of weeks and wonder
how we can automate finding them:

/*
 *  6.7.7 Wait for Asynchronous I/O Request, P1003.1b-1993, p. 164
 *
 *  COPYRIGHT (c) 1989-2007.
 *  On-Line Applications Research Corporation (OAR).
 *

The reference to a page in the very old POSIX standard shouldn't be in this
block.

This is ignoring that we probably need to figure out what to do with
references to the paper copy of the 1993 POSIX standard. That's another
task.

And ignoring that there are still many files to relicense.

--joel