libbsd fails to link on i386

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Aug 18 15:14:05 UTC 2022

On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 6:47 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 18/8/2022 7:23 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > I think the wrong bus.h must be being included somewhere. These are
> static
> > inline methods on the i386. Hopefully a simple patch for someone who
> knows what
> > to do:
>
> Could it be installed with the BSP? Does it happen with a clean prefix?

Possible but no cookie for you today. It was a clean install and there is
no bus.h
in the install location.

In fact, there is no file named bus.h in the rtems/ source tree.

Kinsey suggested this was all a subtle matter of the order of include
directories when building but not knowing the right answer didn't let us
pursue that idea. The i386 seems to have a unique bus.h

I was remembering you battled this not so long ago and was
sincerely hoping you would spot what was wrong.

--joel