-Werror on amd64 BSP makes it to installed package configuration file

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Aug 19 17:38:44 UTC 2022

Hi

Stephen tripped across this and I'm reporting it because it is going to
take some discussion to resolve.

Stephen is using the .pc files to create a configuration file
for the FACE Conformance Test Suite. This is now basically working
for multiple BSPs. The amd64 includes -Werror in its BSP compiler
options and is the only BSP to do so.

(1) Do we want a BSP to include -Werror? amd64 being the only one
and use having a history of chasing warnings after gcc upgrades.

(2) I though warning flags were filtered out on the install. I'm not finding
the code to do it but shouldn't this be filtered out like the other warning
flags?

Any other thoughts?

--joel