New validation test suites

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jan 17 08:04:33 UTC 2022

On 17/01/2022 08:52, Chris Johns wrote:
> My understanding of the status of these patches is the remaining topic is the
> release dependencies. I have not had time to give this any consideration however
> I have a feeling it will not be easy or simple because of the inter-dependency
> of the repos and sub-module relationship. I hope I am wrong about this.

In order to work with the generated test programs you have to use the
specification items which are in rtems-central.  Most of the validation
tests are defined through transitions from pre-conditions to
post-conditions. Working directly with the generated sources is too
complicated. I don't know what complicates a release here, the
rtems-central is just another repository which needs a release branch.
In the release branch, the submodules track the corresponding release
branch of the referenced repository.

Please note, that the RTEMS sources used by rtems-central are currently
not one-to-one a commit of the RTEMS master branch. There are about 90
additional patches. The patch set with the new validation sets is a part
of it.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER