New validation test suites

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Jan 27 07:09:02 UTC 2022

On 27/01/2022 03:24, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 25/1/22 5:37 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe I have been clear about what I see as being needed:
>>>
>>> https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2022-January/070323.html
>>
>> Sorry, I don't know what I have to do next.
>
> Sure and I am sorry if this was not clear.
>
>> The release process for rtems-central is quite clear from my point of view.
>
> I would not have raised this if I was in the same position. You are the only
> person I know who understand rtems-central. I only have an overview of it and I
> I am sorry but I have no spare time in invest in learning more about it. I do
> have the responsibility of releasing RTEMS and if I accept these changes without
> any of the needed support in place history has taught me I am left to provide
> it. Tools and scripts that shows how a process is to work would go a long long
> way to resolving this issue.
>
> The RTEMS Release repo is a series of FreeBSD scripts I use to release ...
>
> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-release/
>
> I have not touched it in a while and it needs work to change it to support waf.

Ok, I will update

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/eng/release-process.html

to account for rtems-central.git.

It seems that there is some work to do to make an RTEMS 6.1 release
happen in general (this issue is independent of the new validation
tests). We should figure out which core developers can contribute what.

>> We just have to create a
>> release branch for RTEMS 6 and reference release branch commits in the submodules.
>
> How do you validate the generated sources in the sub-modules match those in the
> branched submodules? I think this should be done as part of the release
> procedure to catch any mistakes.

I will write something about this in the release procedure documentation.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de