[tools] tester: Remove hard coded time limits for SIS

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jul 5 01:08:19 UTC 2022

On 5/7/2022 9:44 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> The limit removed in sis and tsim is the simulated cpu time used. If not using
> that, the behavior of the tester is to let the simulator run for so much real
> processor time.
>
> Replacing these with a command line argument is probably good but just removing
> these mean these simulators will just run much longer before being killed.
>
> How best to capture the distinction between target run time and host run time?

Thank you for the explanation. I was not sure how the option effected things and
yes it does matter we have this set correctly.

Options can be set in the $HOME/.rtemstesterrc is via the --user-config option.
Maybe this can be used to control the time out for specific user tests?

Sebastian, are some of the standard testsuite test's failing because of this
setting?