[tools] tester: Remove hard coded time limits for SIS

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Jul 5 04:58:38 UTC 2022

On 05/07/2022 03:08, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 5/7/2022 9:44 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> The limit removed in sis and tsim is the simulated cpu time used. If not using
>> that, the behavior of the tester is to let the simulator run for so much real
>> processor time.
>>
>> Replacing these with a command line argument is probably good but just removing
>> these mean these simulators will just run much longer before being killed.
>>
>> How best to capture the distinction between target run time and host run time?
>
> Thank you for the explanation. I was not sure how the option effected things and
> yes it does matter we have this set correctly.
>
> Options can be set in the $HOME/.rtemstesterrc is via the --user-config option.
> Maybe this can be used to control the time out for specific user tests?

I would not make this more complicated than necessary. We have a
--timeout command line option and the default timeout value can be set
by *.ini files. The simulator speed is just a detail similar to running
a target at 100MHz or 1GHz.

> Sebastian, are some of the standard testsuite test's failing because of this
> setting?

Yes, with -O0 and code coverage enabled the tests run longer than usual.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de