[tools] tester: Remove hard coded time limits for SIS

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Jul 5 06:02:48 UTC 2022

On 05/07/2022 07:14, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 5/7/2022 2:58 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:

>>> Thank you for the explanation. I was not sure how the option effected things and
>>> yes it does matter we have this set correctly.
>>>
>>> Options can be set in the $HOME/.rtemstesterrc is via the --user-config option.
>>> Maybe this can be used to control the time out for specific user tests?
>>
>> I would not make this more complicated than necessary. We have a --timeout
>> command line option and the default timeout value can be set by *.ini files. The
>> simulator speed is just a detail similar to running a target at 100MHz or 1GHz.
>
> It is actually simpler to have this option and to measure time against the cpu
> time. The work loads on SMP hosts with qemu shows simulation timeouts are
> difficult to get right.

I don't know what is wrong with the patch. Overruling command line
options is just bad.

>>> Sebastian, are some of the standard testsuite test's failing because of this
>>> setting?
>>
>> Yes, with -O0 and code coverage enabled the tests run longer than usual.
>>

> Looks to me like the timeout may need to be adjusted?

One of the performance tests needed 14 minutes on a fast computer. I
would keep the timeouts as is for now. There is more work to do before
the gcov coverage is generally usable.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER