[gcc] Enable TLS support for RTEMS in libstdc++

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Jun 8 14:11:27 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 8:47 AM Sebastian Huber <

> On 08/06/2022 15:39, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > Is TLS actually supported on all targets except MIPS?
>
> I only added MIPS since this target has a fundamental issue with the TLS
> support.
>
> Which target would you also exclude?

About half of them.

arch64 - Yes
arm - Yes
bfin - ?
i386 - Yes
lm32 - ?
m68k - Yes
microblaze - Yes
mips - No
moxie - ?
nios2 -?
or1k - ?
powerpc - Yes
riscv - Probably
sh - ?
sparc - Yes
sparc64 - ?
v850 - ?
x86_64 - Likely

I'm not even sure there is a definition of how TLS is implemented
on some of these architectures. Maybe GCC has a generic way of
handling TLS that a port could fall back on, but I am unaware of it.

If we are to maintain a thread safe C Library, then we have to be
sure TLS is always supported or we have to have a fallback
method.