Does libbsd really require POSIX enabled now?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Jun 9 13:44:31 UTC 2022

Hi

I'm starting a new thread because Frank's documentation thread is long
enough already. From that thread:

=======================
> I also question why you say RTEMS_POSIX_API needs to be True. That
> does not enable much anymore. I only know of signals and the Sporadic
> Scheduler.

Because when I build libbsd without RTEMS_POSIX_API, I get this error:

RTEMS kernel POSIX support is disabled; configure RTEMS with --enable-posix
(complete log in /home/EB/frank_k/src/rtems-libbsd/build/config.log)

The TFTP FS and test suite do compile and work without RTEMS_POSIX_API
set true.

Historically, it may have been true that the POSIX API had to be enabled
but I don't think it has to be. If that can be confirmed, we need to drop
that requirement.

Are there any features besides signals and sporadic scheduling that are
enabled anymore?

Thanks.

--joel