STM32H7 HAL update, merge ready.

Karel Gardas karel at functional.vision
Thu Mar 10 17:16:57 UTC 2022

On 3/10/22 16:10, Sebastian Huber wrote:

>> If you would like to review changes in HAL files, then you may diff
>> original merged projects files. They both are on github.com so you can
>> investigate either there or on local copy. But this is HAL code,
>> something STMicro provided and I don't see any point in dealing with
>> that -- unless there is some bug to report...
>
> It is quite likely that this update breaks something and a reviewable
> history could help here. Another option would be to do the updates in
> smaller steps so that a git bisect is more effective.

Have a look into

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32h7xx_hal_driver/commits/master

and

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/commits/master

do you see? Even STMicro provides basically one big commit per whole
package version number increase.

Conclusion: there is no point in doing what you suggest since you will
not be able to bisect between smaller changes due to upstream choice of
providing *BIG* code drops per commit.

Agree or not?

Thanks!
Karel