Support for test coverage analysis in RTEMS 6

VALDEZ Jose jose.valdez at edisoft.pt
Wed Mar 16 17:05:30 UTC 2022

Hello Jerzy,

Recently we concluded a project, the RTEMS SMP Qualification which also needed to gather coverage for RTEMS (which had the participation of Andrew Butterfield from TCD/LERO). I suggest that you take a look at  https://rtems-qual.io.esa.int/, download one of the QDPs (maybe you want the GR712RC, SMP) and look for the docs/djf/svr document. There you may find the coverage folder, with the html coverage reports and in the svr.pdf the coverage summary table.

If this is what you want for your test, I suggest to take a look at qual-tool/svrmanager.py and qual-tool/ccoverage_process.py.

Basically for this what you need to do:

* Compile RTEMS with coverage flags. This will generate the gcno files
* Run your test, the reports should generate the gcda bytes (Sebastian Huber added support for coverage in RTEMS itself)
* Use/adapt ccoverage_process.py to generate the coverage reports, which makes use of the gcovr tool.

Hope this helps

José