GCC version for RTEMS 6?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue May 3 06:56:16 UTC 2022

Hello,

I added a back port of the gcov-tool merge-stream patches to GCC 12. You
find some background information here:

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Freestanding-Environments.html#Freestanding-Environments

A back port to GCC 10 would be quite difficult since the gcov file
handling changed significantly between GCC 10 and 12.

There is some work in progress to support MC/DC code coverage in gcov:

https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2022-March/592065.html

Back porting this to GCC 12 would be probably feasible.

It would be nice if we could make the gcov support available for RTEMS
6, but this is only possible with an update to GCC 12.  Are there any
objections to update the RSB to use the upcoming GCC 12 release for RTEMS 6?

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de