GCC version for RTEMS 6?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu May 5 16:28:17 UTC 2022

Weighing in late but shouldn't gcc 12 have been in the RTEMS 7 tools for a
bit to allow testing. Then moved to RTEMS 6. My understanding is that the 7
tools are forward looking and this seems to have been exactly that use
case.

They can be ignored by most folks most.of the time but if we say 7 has gcc
next and if folks test and nothing bad is reported, those will be RTEMS 6
tools.

Seems like the period for public testing as 7 didn't happen correctly.