GCC version for RTEMS 6?

Kinsey Moore kinsey.moore at oarcorp.com
Wed May 25 12:44:01 UTC 2022

On 5/24/2022 17:29, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 24/5/2022 5:01 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:

>>> For this macro you need a stack variable.
>>>
>>> I guess the warning could be also removed using this compiler note:
>>>
>>> rtems/bsps/aarch64/include/bsp/start.h:175:28: note: use
>>> '&bsp_vector_table_end[0] != &bsp_vector_table_size[0]' to compare the addresses
>>>
> I have done this and it is quieter now.
>
>>> What is the purpose of AArch64_start_set_vector_base()? Do we need this at all
>>> on the aarch64 target?
>> Also why is this function exposed by <bsp.h>?
> I do not know. I am only the messenger :)
>
> Kinsey?

It's definitely necessary for all AArch64 targets. It sets the active
vector table so that RTEMS can intercept exceptions of all varieties at
EL1. It could probably be folded into start.S at the appropriate
location if that's what you're asking.

As far as why it's exposed by bsp.h, that's likely incidental since I
was following the design of the ARM code when I wrote this.

Kinsey