Apple's Ventura OS issue with RSB.

Karel Gardas karel at functional.vision
Sun Nov 6 18:38:28 UTC 2022

Side note before answering : the email was motivated by the fact that I
provided few patches to RSB to make that working well on Monterey
running on M1. This was just few weeks ago so I know, this was running
well. Last week I've updated to Ventura and things felt apart. Hence the
report here.

On 11/6/22 16:09, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Is the cross gcc compiled with the native compiler provided by Apple?

Yes, it is.

> The alternative would likely be you installing something special.

No, I keep OS as clean as possible and as stock as possible to be as
close as possible to customer configuration.

> I wonder if using gcc to compile it would work. But there's not a real
> solution.

Indeed, I'll see if I can do anything about that as that would also be
usable for...

> Seems like an issue which needs reporting to gcc.

indeed, the report here is probably minimal thing I should do.

Thanks,
Karel