Use of rtems_fdt_* and sp01

Kinsey Moore kinsey.moore at oarcorp.com
Thu Nov 17 15:39:31 UTC 2022

I recently added FDT support to the AArch64 ZynqMP BSPs to support an optional management console and managing ethernet parameters for LibBSD. Use of the rtems_fdt_* functions implies use of malloc which adds 4 bytes in the TLS space. The sp01 test uses rtems_task_construct and specifies a maximum TLS size of 0 bytes which causes a failure which the non-zero TLS size is checked against the maximum TLS size of 0.

It appears that other BSPs that use FDT data avoid the rtems_fdt_* calls, possibly because they weren't available until recently, and this is the path that I'll be following to resolve this issue for the moment.

I thought it would be good to bring this up if the rtems_fdt_* wrappers are to be more widely useful.

Kinsey