Documentation index entries for functions

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Oct 14 13:45:44 UTC 2022

Hi

While teaching an RTEMS class this week, I noticed that rtems_build_name is
in the Classic API Guide index twice. Once with () and once without. I
started to fix that one case when I noticed that it appears we are just
very inconsistent.

(rtemsdocs) [joel at localhost c-user]$ grep -r index::  | grep rtems_ | grep
280
(rtemsdocs) [joel at localhost c-user]$ grep -r index::  | grep rtems_ | grep
158

There are 280 index entries with () on a method name and 158 without.

Which way should it be? :)

--joel