[rtems-source-builder commit] sb/setbuilder: Correctly create build set tar files

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Sep 29 08:49:34 UTC 2022

On 29/9/22 6:01 pm, Christian MAUDERER wrote:
> Am 29.09.22 um 09:52 schrieb Chris Johns:

>>> In case of dtc, it seems to not work because dtc is in
>>>
>>>    devel/dtc-1.6.1-1.cfg
>>>
>>> which ends in a ".cfg" and not in a ".bset".
>>>
>>> The bset_tar(...) function is only called if the have_staging is set here:
>>>
>>> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/sb/setbuilder.py?id=161b7f108c3daa0f71ac289ba048a68b730d422c#n623
>>>

>>> That variable seems to be only set to True here:
>>>
>>> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/sb/setbuilder.py?id=161b7f108c3daa0f71ac289ba048a68b730d422c#n489
>>>

>>> And that statement is in a
>>>
>>>    if configs[s].endswith('.bset')
>>>
>>> Does that mean that only bsets can be packed?
>>
>> It means the build is not being staged and so no bset tar generation. At a guess
>> a single package in a build does not need to be staged so that step is missed.
>>
>> Just a bug. If you could please raise a ticket and assign to me I will take care
>> of this.
>>

> https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4730#ticket

Thanks.

> Is there anything I can help with solving that?

I have a fix so some testing a bit would be a big help.

The staging logic was a progression of changes at the time and took some effort.
Once it was sorted some extra and unneeded complexity was left and that can be
remove. All bsets and cfgs should be staged so removing the logic that made only
nested builds stage fixes it for dtc. I just need to test the more complex builds.

The microblaze is a separate gcc version so I am not sure about it. I will to
look into it next.