RFC: Change build specification files from YAML to JSON?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Apr 24 09:32:42 UTC 2023

Hello,

I would like to change the build specification files from YAML to JSON
to get rid of the complicated caching mechanism. Python has a built in
JSON loader which is quite fast compared to the YAML loader. For the
configure/build steps we have to load all items currently due to the
item pickle cache (about 2000 files). With the built in JSON support we
can optimize this to only load the required files (probably less than
100 if the test suite is disabled).

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER