Qemu and missing dynamic libraries

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Apr 25 18:05:27 UTC 2023

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 4:30 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 25/4/2023 7:05 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 3:11 PM Karel Gardas <karel at functional.vision>
> wrote:
> >
> >     On 4/24/23 21:33, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > On Mon, Apr 24, 2023, 2:11 PM Karel Gardas <karel at functional.vision>
> wrote:
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >     What have you done to this poor FBSD? ;-)
> >

> > Nothing. :)
> >
> > I wonder when we started installing dynamic libraries with qemu.
> >

> Is there a static option to avoid shared libs?

Yes and adding it to the qemu configure line results in an error for glib.

+ ../qemu-5.2.0-rc1/configure --prefix=/home/joel/rtems-class/tools/6
--make=make --static --disable-werror --disable-tools --disable-pie
--disable-vnc --disable-sdl --disable-gtk --disable-opengl --disable-netmap
--disable-nettle

ERROR: sizeof(size_t) doesn't match GLIB_SIZEOF_SIZE_T.
       You probably need to set PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR
       to point to the right pkg-config files for your
       build target

Maybe glib has an option for static also. No idea at this point.

Also we are using qemu 5 where qemu 8 was released last week.

And Alex is looking into qemu-xilinx breaking since it uses a branch
that references something that is no longer a valid URL in the xilinx
submodule setup.

--joel