Interested for GSoC 2023

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Mon Feb 27 10:07:59 UTC 2023

Hi Karel,

Very interesting work. I am currently trying to reach the same goal.
The steps I came up with are a bit different:
A.) Build working llvm toolchain for RTEMS (figure out all flags etc., maybe building RTEMS with llvm as a bonus)
B.) Build rustc with the "RTEMS-llvm" as backend
C.) Start with no_std and then inch forward to building the stdlib

I work currently on step A (see my llvm experiments in the other thread) and started to look at the build stages for rustc.
If you have any tips for the configuration from your step (1), it would be greatly appreciated.
My hope is that with the results of step A I can reuse the libc from the standard rtems-gcc build environment as this is provided conveniently via rsb.
I am really looking forward to seeing rust supported on RTEMS.

Best regards,

    Jan

PS: Maybe it is worth starting a new thread for exchanging ideas? I don't mean to hijack Vihas thread.