Prioritizing and documenting libbsd development goals (was: libbsd updates)

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jan 23 15:43:11 UTC 2023

On 23.01.23 16:39, Thomas DOERFLER wrote:

> since we are maintaining an RTOS: IMHO Real time capabilities would need
> a higher level, even above code/RAM sizes.
>
> Meaining that the libbsd functionality should not have a (significant)
> negative impact on RTEMS tasks NOT using libbsd.

There is actually a good example for this area in libbsd, the Epoch
Based Reclamation.  It has an RTEMS-specific implementation which
required to add new features to the low level thread dispatching and
scheduling implementation. In particular, the support for thread pinning.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de