bsps/xilinx-zynqmp : Add BSP for RPU

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Fri Jun 16 19:14:33 UTC 2023

On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 2:17 AM Philip Kirkpatrick

> On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 7:14 AM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 15/6/2023 6:16 pm, Philip Kirkpatrick wrote:
>> > Thanks for all the good feedback.
>> >
>> > RE Joel:
>> > I'll fix my sloppy formatting that you caught and submit a revised patch.  If
>> > I'm realistic about my schedule, I probably won't be able to get to it until
>> > next week.
>> > For xttcps_hw.h, there already is one #ifndef __rtems__ around the #includes,
>> > but on review there is another spot where I got lazy and used a #if 0.  I'll
>> > correct that too.  Other than that, the file is unmodified.
>> >
>> > On the discussion about a shared space, I'll leave that decision up to you.
>> > Tell me what you want and I can adjust as needed, or it could be done in a
>> > follow-on patch.
>>
>> Should the RPU BSP be located under bsps/arm/xilinx-rpu?
>

> I went back and forth on that decision and decided to keep them combined since the APU and RPU share a moderate amount of code.  However, I can definitely see an argument that they are different enough to split.  If you want it the other way, I can make that change when I address the other items.

I think we should split it out. Shared code should likely be
refactored to arm/shared depending what that is.

I'm not sure that carrying forward a 32-bit arm/xilinx-zynqmp makes
sense now that we have a functional aarch64 port. Splitting the RPU
out will make it easier to make that decision.