removing unused third-party headers (objbsd)?

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Fri Jun 28 16:41:03 UTC 2024

On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 11:39 PM Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> On 28.06.24 00:42, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> > I've been doing back through my third-party source code attribution.
> > I've found that there is a chunk of header files that are apparently
> > not included anywhere in rtems, and that are third-party headers. Is
> > there any reason we can't get rid of them?
>
> These files are included from Newlib header files and are used by the
> legacy network stack and libbsd.

Ok, thanks. The legacy network stack is maintenance-only. Any updates
to these files will result in divergence and breakage?

I think we need to split these files out of rtems.git. Likely the
current versions need to be copied into legacy network stack, and the
libbsd should provide its own versions?

-Gedare