RFC: Add API to get and set interrupt priorities for interrupt vectors

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Mar 21 19:28:07 UTC 2024

Two basic questions:

Does the priority field type need to be Architecture- or BSP-defined
or is uint32_t always going to be fine.

Does changing (increasing) the priority of a vector from within
interrupt context possibly cause a pending interrupt to post that was
previously at a lower priority than the currently masked priority
level? In that case, it would cause a preemption to occur. I'm
guessing this behavior could be architecture-specific.

I added those questions to the ticket also.
Gedare