Improvements to SMP under the arch64 architecture

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed May 8 06:17:20 UTC 2024

Hello,

on the arm target, we use this:

static inline struct Per_CPU_Control *_ARM_Get_current_per_CPU_control(
void )
{
   struct Per_CPU_Control *cpu_self;

   /* Use PL1 only Thread ID Register (TPIDRPRW) */
   __asm__ volatile (
     "mrc p15, 0, %0, c13, c0, 4"
     : "=r" ( cpu_self )
   );

   return cpu_self;
}

to access the per-CPU control. I guess, AArch64 has also a thread ID
register available for operating system use. With this we could
implement _CPU_Get_current_processor() like this:

return _Per_CPU_Get_index( _CPU_Get_current_per_CPU_control() );

The BSP-specific startup code has to decode the MPIDR and set the thread
ID register accordingly.

--
embedded brains GmbH & Co. KG
Herr Sebastian HUBER