BBB: DDR3 is now initialized, next step is initializing MMC interface.

Jarielle Catbagan jcatbagan93 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:42:50 UTC 2015

Hi Ed,

I was able to make the necessary modifications in order to move the
DDR3 initialization to rom_reset.S.

Despite being able to access and manipulate values in the DDR3 memory
space from the uMon command line, I am currently encountering an issue
when attempting to map uMon's RAM in the DDR3.  Doing so is causing
uMon to "hang".  I am currently looking into this issue.  In the
meantime, the changes I made to rom_reset.S and cpuio.c that
initialize the DDR in rom_reset.S can be found in one of the latest
commit at my temporary github development branch which can be found
here: https://github.com/jrcatbagan/umon/commit/d9da7ab9cc6c21d9bfc293e0422ef00dbe03d6c2
.

I'll be updating as I go along and I will be submitting the changes
once I have this issue resolved.