Ethernet device driver

Joel Sherrill joel at oarcorp.com
Fri Sep 19 12:43:50 UTC 1997

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Gunter Magin wrote:

> Joel: you gave some hints regarding full TCP/IP coverage in RTEMS4.0. Which
> chips/HW platforms are already available for people with support contract?

Right now, there is only Eric's 360 QUICC driver.  Eric would know if
other drivers were included in the KA9Q source which could be used as
examples.  The next step would be to look at NetBSD and Linux source for
drivers for chips you are interested in as a starting point.

In general, BSPs and drivers are added to the RTEMS tree when they are
submitted by users or we write them for a user and they allow it to be
included.  We make every effort to support every BSP and device driver in
the source tree, but it should be obvious that we do not actually own
every board RTEMS includes a BSP for.

--joel