RTEMS for MIPS

Joel Sherrill joel at oarcorp.com
Mon Apr 20 11:38:13 UTC 1998

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Giuseppe Migliorini wrote:

> I heard that RTEMS 4.0.0 will contain a version for MIPS Risc.

The mips port in the upcoming 4.0 release is the same as was in 3.6.0.  It
supports the idt 4600 and 4650 CPUs.  This was a user submitted port and
has not been updated since then.

> Now I hear that a Beta 2 version of it is already released.

We are past beta2 now. :)

The outstanding issues list is shrinking.  A great deal of effort by a
number of people has been invested in making this release very easy to
configure and use.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development