Help with RTEMS installation

joel at oarcorp.com joel at oarcorp.com
Thu Aug 13 20:21:06 UTC 1998

Please don't cross post to multiple mailing lists.

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Vicent Julian wrote:

> RTEMS_HAS_POSIX_API to "no", but that's not what we want, because we
> need the POSIX API to install over it the GNAT ADA.

You can't use RTEMS has the run-time for a native GNAT compiler.
GNAT/RTEMS is strictly intended for use in embedded systems.  The POSIX
API support in RTEMS does not work with the UNIX port of RTEMS because
RTEMS uses the native POSIX services like signals to simulate interrupts.

If you want to do native development, you should stick with the standard
linux configurations.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development