Port to CodeWarrier

joel at oarcorp.com joel at oarcorp.com
Wed Sep 30 18:28:46 UTC 1998

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Pollak Leon wrote:

> 	I am trying to "port" the RTEMS installation under Cygwin32 into
> CodeWarrier IDE for my MPC860 project. The only reason for this is the
> 860’s BDM support which the CodeWarrier debugger has. Everything went
> difficult but somehow O’K up to the moment when I tried to convert linkcmds
> script. I couldn’t overcome two issues:

What version are you using?

Hopefully this will work. I think someone did something similar EONS ago
(3.5.1?) on a Mac targetting a 60x.

>   1 .  The ectrio.o module which is linked in from cross tools contains
> additional declaration of the .sbss2 section which is not recognized as
> ordinary BSS-type section. For this purpose the ld-script contains this
> definition twice, but what is it really? The CodeWarrier’s linker doesn’t
> allow such definitions.

Hopefully someone else can handle this one.

I do know that the DWARF standard used by binutils does not contain
the extensions used by other commercial implementations.  So debugging
information from an ELF GNU tools executable may not be recognized by
something like an emulator or another debugger.

>   2 .  What is this unresolved reference _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ and how to
> define it?

When are you getting this.  The newlib patch fixes the dummy crt0.c in
newlib 1.8.0 to avoid this during configuration.

> 	A lot of thanks ahead to those who can answer this. And may be
> there are some news about gdb BDM support for MPC860 or any other
> decisions?

There are others working the ppc860 so one of them will probably jump in.

--joel